United Electric Thermocouples
Applied Sensor Technologies (AST), a division of United Electric Controls, manufactures high quality Thermocouples for temperature detection in industrial environments. Thermocouples from Applied Sensor Technologies function by using two wires of different metals joined at one end. A change in the temperature at the juncture induces a change in electromotive force (or EMF) at the opposite end. As a result of this design, the types of materials used to construct the Thermocouple determine its application viability. Applied Sensor Technologies manufactures a variety of Thermocouple models in order to meet your application requirements.
- Type J Thermocouples from AST are the most popular, versatile, and economical of all Applied Sensor Technology Thermocouples. The alloy combination construction allows for a wide operating temperature range of 32° to 1380° F (0 to 750° C), depending on wire size.
- Type T Thermocouples from AST are ideal for applications where moisture is present. Mildly oxidizing and reducing atmospheres are also typical. The alloy construction of Type T Thermocouples allows for an operating range of 32° to 660° F (0 to 350° C). Type T Thermocouples are recommended for low temperature measurement applications.
- Type K Thermocouples from AST are most often used in high temperature, clean oxidizing atmospheres. The alloy construction of Type K Thermocouples gives them an operating range of 32° to 2,280° F (0° to 1,250° C), depending on wire size.
- Type E Thermocouples from AST offer the highest EMF of all standard model Thermocouples. If your application has oxidizing, inert, or dry reducing atmospheres, or short periods of time in vacuum, the Type E Thermocouple is an ideal choice. Type E Thermocouples have an operating range of 32° to 1,650° F (0° to 900° C).
Thermocouples from Applied Sensor Technologies are available in one of three basic constructions:
- GP – Low cost, general purpose Thermocouples, suited for use in temperatures of 500° F (260° C) or less.
- MI – Mineral-Insulated Thermocouples for high temperature and rugged applications, typically for use in temperatures of 500° F (260° C) or greater.
- BTC – Beaded Thermocouples with bare wire strung on ceramic insulators, typically for use in high temperature applications such as furnaces.
Contact AC Controls for more information on high-quality Thermocouples from Applied Sensor Technologies.
Click here to Request A Quote
or call us today at 704-545-4500