Raychem Self-Regulating Heat Trace
nVent Thermal/Raychem invented Self-Regulating Heating Cable technology over 30 years ago and continues to lead the Self-Regulating systems field. The key to nVent Thermal/Raychem’s success lies in the unique design of their Self-Regulating Cable. Utilizing two parallel bus wires in contact with a semi-conductive heating element, the cable is able to adjust its heat output based on ambient temperature. As a result, Raychem Self-Regulating Cables consume less power and have a longer expected life span while still delivering the consistent and evenly dispersed temperatures demanded by critical applications. nVent Thermal/Raychem cables come with a 10 year product warranty.
For maximum efficiency and compatibility, Raychem offers multiple types of Self-Regulating Cable:
- Raychem BTV Heating Cable is designed to provide electrical freeze protection for a variety of applications, including metal and plastic pipes. BTV cable can maintain a steady temperature of up to 150° F (65° C) and withstand exposure up to 185° F (85° C).
- Raychem HBTV Cable is designed to provide electrical freeze protection and process temperature maintenance for CID1 (hazardous) locations where corrosives may be present. HBTV Cable can maintain temperatures up to 150° F (65° C) and withstand exposure up to 185° F (85° C).
- Raychem HQTV Cable is designed to provide pipe heat tracing in industrial environments. HQTV Cable can maintain and withstand temperatures up to 225° F (110° C) and are suitable for use in high-heat loss systems.
- Raychem HXTV Cable is designed to provide high power output pipe freeze protection and process temperature maintenance in industrial environments. HXTV Cable can maintain temperatures up to 250° F (121° C) and withstand temperatures up to 420° F (215° C).
- Raychem QTVR Cable is designed to provide electrical freeze protection for large pipes as well as process temperature maintenance. QTVR cable can maintain and withstand exposure to temperatures up to 225° F (110° C).
- Raychem XTVR Cable is fiber-wrapped for durability and is designed to provide pipe freeze protection and process temperature maintenance in nonhazardous and hazardous environments. XTVR Cable can maintain steady temperatures up to 250° F (121° C) and withstand exposure up to 420° F (215° C).
For more information on nVent Thermal/Raychem Self-Regulating Heating Cable, including comprehensive Heat-Tracing solutions, contact AC Controls.
Click here to Request A Quote
or call us today at 704-545-4500